Saturday, June 9, 2012

Grateful

May Flowers- by wolfepaw
I am so damn grateful. Tonight I sat on the front stoop where it's cool and listened to my partner telling me about the last two donations that came in for the AWA Writing Leadership Training in July. I know these two people don't have much money and I was so touched that they donated anyway. I know those donations mean they will give something up this month- trade something in their lives in support of me. I felt so believed in, so supported and I cried, feeling this amazing kindness. I'm not used to kindness- it's something I didn't grow up with so every time it comes my way it's like a prayer coming at me, something sacred and tender that feels so huge it's hard to contain.

This is grace.This is the people in my corner saying yes you can and here- here is some money to help get you there. It makes me tuck my fear and doubt away in my back pocket. It makes me stand up taller into who I am, into who I am becoming and into my intentions. Tomorrow I will list my donors, the people who are saying- you can do it- and I am now going to work on new poems and stories for the rewards I've promised. I'm so glad to be in this place at this time, in my body, in my life and so grateful for each one of you, doing what you are doing in your lives. Standing up and breathing into another day, even if it's hard, even if it's bad. Going on and doing what you need to do anyway. This is faith with walking shoes on. Determination with fists behind it. Breathing into it and saying yes.


2 comments:

  1. So glad to be one of the women in your corner, Renee. I couldn't think of a worthier candidate for this training. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Glad you are one of the women in my corner. I adore you and appreciate all of your support. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete