Friday, September 21, 2012

By mysticmorning 
What comes next?

This is a closed door/open door time. I'm building my scaffolding in free spaces, in my imagination, with nothing on paper, no spaces for workshops has been rented. I'm starting where I'm at- owing two more payments to Amherst Writers and Artists and fundraising to make those payments. I'm sending out a daily writing practice each morning with poems and prompts to other writers. My daughter's donation allowed me to purchase a domain name. I need one more and the funds to get a web host. I'm going to start on-line, offering direct and specific writing coaching, daily writing practice and help for writers who want to establish or deepen a regular writing practice, work on generating and completing projects and breaking through blocks to the actual work and play of writing.

I'm working on my website, a new blog and collecting the daily writing practice and prompts for a longer project. I want a place online where people's prompt responses can be posted. I want a place where there can be an on-line writing community and on-line classes. Live, in person workshops, will have to wait until I find affordable space to rent or until I make enough money to front a deposit.

I feel a bit like I'm trying to build a house in the sky. What I have that I didn't have before is group of people who are writing and sharing that writing with me. What I have is this amazing gift of these writer's words that are strong and tell stories, these words that forever change me when I read them. Words that lodge themselves inside, along my rib cage, close to my beating heart that is racing with fear in the vast uncertainty that is claiming this writing life for my own, and declaring my intention to share it with others. What I have is even more strong support and encouragement and appreciation of what I am doing right now, without a website or a workshop space, with just the space of my own email account.

If you are interested in checking out what I'm doing you can email me at firecatcher@gmail.com and see what the daily writing practice is about. I'm taking donations for this writing, prompting, that comes to your email box every day for the next two months. Then I have to look at some sort of money exchange for this work though I will always have ways for you to get these services on a sliding scale or by scholarship or other energy exchanges.

What I have most of all is gratitude, to all who have donated, to everyone who has given me support, encouragement and their words. What I have most of all, always, are these good people in my corner.

If you want to donate you can find a donate button on the top of this blog or go to my chipin page directly by hitting this link: ReneeAWAtraining. Thank you for all that you do, in your own work, life, dreaming, writing and art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment